Health Services

Department Phone: (630) 530-3457

Location: C6

Willowbrook Health Services

A certified school nurse and a registered nurse are on duty from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily in room C6.

Fax number: 630-530-6062

Health Services provides a range of services:

  • Monitoring and assisting students with everyday health issues/illnesses, as well as students with more challenging physical needs
  • Monitor physician’s orders regarding mental, physical or emotional conditions that might limit a student’s participation in the classroom or the student’s activities
  • Emergency first aid
  • Administering medications
  • Maintaining and monitoring student immunization and health records in accordance with state mandates of the Illinois School Code
  • Assigning elevator keys/passes
  • Maintaining and monitoring physical education excuses/doctor’s notes
  • Assessing special education students' needs with the PPS team
  • Promoting awareness of health concerns to students, parents and staff
  • Vision and hearing screenings of mandated age/grade/groups each year

Ninth-grade ONLY: Physical and Immunization requirements for 2022-23:

A ninth-grade physical is required for all incoming freshmen. Check with your doctor to make sure your ninth-grader has received one dose of the Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4), after the age of 11.

Many healthcare providers are now seeing students for ninth-grade physicals and immunizations for the 2022-23 school year. Along with the required ninth-grade physical on the State of Illinois form, please make sure your physician reviews the immunizations and has included the ONE DOSE of Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) after the age of 11, Tdap, Polio, Hepatitis B, two doses of Varicella (Chicken pox) and list the two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella). See the form at (English) or (Spanish).

Ninth-grade ONLY: Dental Examination requirements for 2022-23:

See the links below for important information.

Twelfth-grade ONLY: Requirements for the 2022-23 school year:

Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) vaccination is required

All students entering twelfth grade or higher are required to have two doses of the Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4). Only one dose is required if twelfth-graders received the first dose on or after their 16th birthday. See details at


Forms for all students

DuPage County Health Department letter - Vaccination reminder

Physical form

Physical form - Español

Medication form

Release of immunization records form

Religious exemption form

Eye exam form

Eye exam waiver


Frequently asked questions

Q. What health requirements are needed for my incoming freshman? 
The School Code of Illinois requires each student to have a current physical exam within one year of 
the first day of school, including all required immunizations on the Illinois Certificate of Child Health 
Examination form. These immunizations include Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio, Measles, 
Mumps, Rubella and Hepatitis B. Parents objecting to immunizations on religious grounds shall 
present a signed statement of such objections, including which immunizations they are objecting to, 
and present the statement to Health Services, along with the ninth-grade physical. The physicals are 
required during registration in August. 

The physical may be used for the sport’s physical for one year. After freshman year, students do not 
need a physical exam unless they participate in a sport activity, then a yearly physical is required. The 
IHSA sport’s physical forms are available in the Athletic Office. 

Q. What health requirements are needed for a transfer student? 
Students that transfer from another Illinois school will need to bring a copy of the 9th grade physical 
with current immunizations when they register. Students that transfer from another state or from out of 
country must have a new physical exam on the Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form 
with current immunization information within 30 days of the registration date. 

Beginning in January 2008, all students entering an Illinois school for the first time are required to 
have a complete eye exam. This form is available in the forms section under eye examinations. 

Q. I have a doctor’s note to be excused from PE. 
A physician’s note is required to excuse a student from PE for more than three days. Please bring the 
note to Health Services. The student will be placed into a medical study hall. If a physician’s note 
states that they are out of PE until further notice, a new note will be required to return to PE. 

Q. What does a student do if he/she is unable to attend PE for one to three days? 
A parent should write a note to the PE teacher explaining why their student cannot participate in PE. 
The student should give the note to their PE teacher. If they need to miss PE for more than 3 days, a 
doctor’s note is required. 

Q. If a student is on crutches, has an ortho boot, or has an arm sling, what accommodations are 
We will issue an elevator key and a 5-minute pass. This pass will allow the student the use of the 
elevator and to leave class 5 minutes before the bell to get to where they need to go without the 
hallway crowds. There is a $20 charge for all lost elevator keys. 

Q. My student cannot participate in a regular PE class, what do I need to do? 
There is a form called the PE limitation/Adaptive Physical Education form. You can find this under 
the section called forms. Your physician will have to complete this form and return it to Health 
Services, or they may fax it (630) 530-6062.

Q. How do I get a copy of my student’s health record? 
If they are a current student we will make a copy of the health record. Former students will need to 
complete the Authorization for Release of Immunization Records form before the records can be 
released to the student or faxed to their school. Health physicals are kept for 60 years.

Q. How do I contact the Health Office?
Normal school hours are 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM. The phone number is 630-530-3458. The fax number is 

Q. What should I do if my student is ill before school?
If your student has a fever, please keep them at home. Anyone with a fever over 100 will be sent 
home. Students with a rash will be sent home for an evaluation by a physician. All absences should be 
reported to the Attendance Office (630) 530-3428. 

Q. What do I do when I feel sick at school?
The student should come to Health Services with a pass from their teacher. The nurse will contact a 
parent/guardian or emergency contact (if parent is unavailable) to obtain permission from the parent or 
guardian for the student to leave school. We try to contact a parent/guardian before contacting your 
emergency person to assure that parents know their student is leaving school. 

Q. My student is having surgery or has an illness that will keep them out of school for an 
extended period of time, who should I contact?
Please contact the school nurse, Health Services (630) 530-3457, so that we can make arrangements 
for homework and any other accommodations that may be necessary. 

Under certain conditions, the school may provide a tutor for homebound instruction. Homebound 
instruction may be available, in most cases, to students with a physical or mental health problem, 
which in the opinion of a licensed medical examiner, will cause an absence from school for more than 
two consecutive weeks. Certain courses cannot be tutored because of the inability to duplicate course 
activities and content in a home setting. 

Q. Are vision exams required on all students?
Some students will be given a vision and hearing screening during high school. Vision screening is not 
a substitute for a complete eye and vision exam by an eye doctor. Your child is not required to have 
this vision screening if an optometrist or ophthalmologist has completed and signed a report form 
indicating that an exam has been administered within the previous 12 months. 

Q. What are the school guidelines for medication while at school?
Guidelines for the administration of medication during the school day:

  • Medications, including prescription and over the counter medications, which are essential for the student to remain in school, shall be given by the school nurse during the school day.
  • Students are not allowed to keep any medication in their possession or in their lockers while at school.
  • Medication, including prescription and non-prescription medications (over the counter/Advil/Tylenol) cannot be given without a doctor’s written order. The physician and the parent or guardian shall sign A Medication Authorization Form.
  • Medications shall be in the original pharmacy container/package, properly labeled with student’s name, name of the medication, dosage, and all pertinent instructions. The first dose of a new medication must be given at home. Changes in medication will be made only upon the written order of the physician and written request of the parent/guardian.
  • Asthma rescue inhalers and Epi-pens may now be self-administered by students during the school day. An Authorization for the Self-Administration of Epinephrine or Rescue Asthma Medication Form shall be completed by the physician and include parents’ written permission.
  • All medication will be taken home by the student at the end of the school year. If medication is left in the Health Office after the end of the school year, it will be discarded. A new medication form is required each school year.







Name Phone Schedule Contact
Staff member Maria Bazaldua photo
Maria Bazaldua
Health Services
View Maria Bazaldua schedule Contact Maria Bazaldua
Lilia Franco
(630) 530-3458 View Lilia Franco schedule Contact Lilia Franco
Jenna Kragel
MSN, RN, PEL-CSN / Certified School Nurse
(630) 530-3457 View Jenna Kragel schedule Contact Jenna Kragel
Staff member JoAnn O'Donnell-Loza photo
JoAnn O'Donnell-Loza
(630) 530-3458 View JoAnn O'Donnell-Loza schedule Contact JoAnn O'Donnell-Loza